A dedicated placement cell is established in the institute which caters to the placement activity for the students. The cell is headed by Brig. (Retd.) S.K. Kakar, (Director, Career Development Cell) who selects student placement coordinators from each branch on the basis of their academic performance and also being involved in co-curricular activities. A database of every student is maintained which includes their detailed academic score along with other details like their individual CV, marksheets etc. The students are addressed by the placement officer before they are put into the placement pool which usually happens in the beginning of their 7th semester. The students are addressed for the required skills - both technical as well as soft skills, so that they can polish their traits and overcome their weaknesses before the commencement of the placements activities. The institute gives foremost priority to develop healthy relations with the corporate world. Moving in this direction the institute invites eminent personalities from the industries to visit as well as participate in the development of the institute by conducting Seminars, Workshops, Guest lectures. Activities are planned to provide the students an opportunity to interact with the people from the engineering world/ Industries. This Cell performs the following functions:
- Identify and update the right career opportunities for students.
- Impart training to the students for their overall development.
- Selection during Campus recruitment activities.
- Invite Industries/Companies for recruiting engineers in MAIT Campus.
- Developing entrepreneurship skills.
- Conduct development programs for Faculty members under Institute- Industry Interaction.
Departmental Placement Summary