POs, PEOs & PSOs
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader indiverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1. To ensure that the Electronic & Communications graduates have the core competency to be successful in Industry/Technical Profession or excel in post-graduate programs and research activities through quality education.
- PEO2. Analyze real life problems, design appropriate system to provide solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- PEO3. To inculcate in students professionalism, effective communication skills, teamwork, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate Electronics engineering issues to a broader context.
- PEO4. Provide an academic environment that gives adequate opportunity to the students to develop leadership quality and cultivate lifelong skills needed for a successful professional career.
- PEO5. To develop social, ethical & human values of the student who will be a responsible citizen of the society & contribute towards social wellbeing.
Program Specific outcome (PSOs)
- PSO1. Professional skills: An ability to understand the basic concepts in Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them to various areas, like Semiconductors, Communications, Signal processing, Antennas, Networking. VLSI, Embedded systems and to master the latest tools and techniques used in the field of research and industry.
- PSO2. Problem solving skills: An ability to solve various problems in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering using latest hardware and software tools.
- PSO3. Successful Career: An understanding of social-awareness & environmental-wisdom along with ethical responsibility to achieve a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real-world applications using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.